In Dusk We Trust - Some Owling in Co.Durham, North East England, Great Britain

Monday, 30 January 2012

Obliging Leo

A very obliging Long fella from Town Kelloe

.

previously over that way, i managed to find a 5 roost with one in particular ( female ) roosting very openly & being buffeted about in the breeze


going back at dusk the pair came to life calling  & displaying - looks like another additional breeding pair...


 Little Owl in ivy clad Ash


 Barn owl was here.

lastly & sadly a road-killed Little Owl from Leamside

5 comments:

Rid said...

I was really enjoying this latest post, some superb LEO images but then I came across the last image, never good to see!

Rid said...

I can now post & read your comments Stevie, did you change your settings or is it just a coincidence?????

Christian said...

Great LEO encounter Stevie. Massive shame about the Little though. I'd be gutted to see that.

Stevie Evans said...

Ability to post & read Comments has been very hit & miss...
I don't understand how it works sometimes & not others?

I have altered the settings as you advised Paul - this seems to have done the trick - thanks !

Apologies for the 'meat-sack' image - but perhaps a reminder that we should do all we can to help wildlife & nature where we can.
:-)

Scott said...

could help but notice the irony given the name on the drink bottle. I took some picture of a similar nature of one of 'my' owlets last year, although it was a more natural demise. (predation or starvation+scavenging)